To change something create a new model that makes the old one obsolete"
This website describes the Nonpartisan, Nonhierarchic (no sacred rulers) Massive Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan for a Permanently Peaceful, Prosperous, Just, Sustainable World (MGM&USP) which explains how to permanently end wars, poverty, wealth inequalities, nuclear weapons, economic collapses, recessions and recessions, protect the environment, decrease the rate and degree of climate change and eliminate/mitigate its adverse effects, etc.
Naomi Klein, author of Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism, in speaking about her climate change book, This Changes Everything, stated:
- In an
interview by Graeme Green: “We need to make massive changes to our
societies and economies, change the way governments and the energy
industry rule the world. Our situation is dire, but hopefully climate
change could be the impetus to rally movements and organizations around
the world, from indigenous rights to Occupy, and radically change, our
lives on this planet.”
- In her article Reading I.F. Stone on Earth Day: Why We Still Won’t Get Anywhere Unless We Connect the Dots: “What Stone saw clearly, and what bears repeating four and half decades later, is that the ecological movement will get nowhere if it fails to connect the dots with other overlapping crises facing our society, from racism to militarism to inequality.”
Not "we still won't get anywhere," we will get further behind if we do not work together from a set of common plans.
In his book, The Sane Society, Eric Fromm states: "Change must be a simultaneous change in economic, education, political and cultural spheres. Changes restricted to one sphere are destructive of every change."
This all requires hundreds of significant actions, thousands of tasks and subtasks and making changes in essentially all “spheres." Also, most of this work must be prioritized and sequence. Happily there are thousands of organizations and millions of individuals working on reform around the world. However they are not working from a common set of plans and have had very few ways to coordinate the massive amount of work that must be done and until now. The MGM&USP will provide the absolutely needed coordination.
Permanently ending wars, poverty, wealth inequities, unemployment, homelessness, hunger and all other significant injustices, to be implemented by hundreds of organizations and thousands of individuals. This requires building a massive global movement, a universal strategic plan and parallel movements and plans in every state, city country and the UN. This must be done rapidly and absolutely nonviolently.
The general approach is to:
- Ultimately list all significant Actions, which must be accomplished to have a permanently peaceful, prosperous, just, sustainable world in the Common Agenda of Actions and Action Plans with related Actions grouped into about three dozen Action Plans.
- Build and maintain the nonhierarchic Massive Global Matrix Network of Equal Partner Movements, Organizations and Individuals by Issues, Actions, Nine Digit Zip Codes, Neighborhoods, Communities, Cities, States, and Political Districts by coordinating existing movements and networks that maintain their independence.
- Request individuals and organizations add their own Actions and Actions Plans to the Common Agenda if they are not already in it and volunteer to work on or take the lead on specific Actions and Action Plans in which they are interested
- Ultimately the Action Plans will be on the web sites of the organizations or individuals taking the lead refining and implementing one or more of the significant Actions or Action Plans with a central office coordinating the prioritizing and sequencing of Actions with an advanced project management system. To facilitate this a numbering system has been developed wherein every significant part of the strategic plan has a unique number.
This Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan (GM&USP) outlines strategies, plans and tools for the millions of dedicated individuals and thousands of organizations working on reform and change all over the world to refine and implement these actions, tasks and subtasks.
This MGM&USP initially focuses on the United States. Parallel Individual Movements and Plans that mimic the MGM&USP must be prepared for cities, states, other nations and the United Nations and its affiliated organizationsbeginning with Washington DC and the UN - see Highlights of the Movement and Plan for a Prosperous, Just, Sustainable Washington DC.
The MGM&USP and each of these Parallel Individual Movements and Plans will, for example, include Common Agenda Action Plan #32 The Plan to Enact Very Progressive Property Taxes on the Net Assets of All Individuals, Corporations, Companies and Other Entities with More than $1 Million in Net Assets at All Levels of Government, Provide Generous Tax Deductions Based on Worthiness of the Charitable Causes Being Supported, Eliminate Income, Sales, Estate, Corporate and All Other Taxes and Simplify Tax Codes
Everyone, in particular the 1%, should be educated as to the value of such a tax before it is implemented.
Lessons learned from all these Movements and Plans will be fed back into the master MGM&USP and shared with all other plans.
By no means complete, the MGM&USP provides a framework into which additional actions, action plans, elements and ideas can easily be inserted. Questions, comments, suggestions and help to refine and implement it are welcomed and can be forwarded to PeopleNow.org via email email@example.com or fax 703-521-0849.
President Eisenhower's Warning to America
"In the councils of government, we must guard against
the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the
military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced
power exists and will persist."
—Dwight D. Eisenhower Text of Farewell Address, January 17, 1961
As depicted in Dwight Eisenhower's Warning to America
President Eisenhower's warning has gone unheeded. wars, poverty and wealth inequalities unnecessarily persist.
We are at a crossroad and despite our hard work, we progressive are behind and will be further behind if we do not work together using this or a similar set of common plans.
If we continue with the current failed monetary and political systems and allow corporation executives to control our public servants, institutions and elections, we will have:
1. Increasing worldwide unemployment, poverty, malnutrition, hunger, diseases, homelessness, wealth divide and a massive depression
2. Cuts in social security, Medicare, welfare programs and public services
3. Endless wars, occupations, militarism and empire building
4. Increasing global warming, rising sea levels and super storms
5. More torture, abuse, extraordinary renditions, false arrests and non-judicial killings
6. Chronic water and energy shortages, environment degradation and natural resource depletion
Please review the parts of the MGM&USP in which you are interested. Subscribe to receive emails, work on specific Actions or Action Plans from the Common Agenda with others, and/or have your organization or you become an Equal Partner in the Global Nonhierarchic Matrix Network and/or read more in the Executive Summary of the MGM&USP
I wish to thank all who have contributed to this Massive Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan and apologize for not finding the time to acknowledge all the contributors.
It is still a work in progress and by no means complete. It provides a framework into which additional ideas and elements can easily be inserted. Comments, suggestions, and help to refine and implement this plan are welcomed and can be forwarded to PeopleNow.org via email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 703-521-0849.
If we work together, continually refine and implement this Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan, we will have a permanently peaceful, prosperous, just, sustainable world.
Executive Director, PeopleNow.org
Coordinator, Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington, Peace through Justice (GPtJ) Working Group
Coordinator, Veterans for Peace (VFP) Democracy, Constitution, War Powers and Prosecute War Criminals Working Groups
Arlington, VA 22204