Plan to Refine & Implement the
United Nations Sustainable Development
Goals and Targets
Utilizing the Massive Global Movement & Universal
(MGM & USP)
In September 2015, all 194 countries of the world, including the U.S., agreed to implement the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 Targets beginning January 1, 2016. Developed countries, including the U.S., agreed to help undeveloped countries implement the UN SDGs in their countries.
Implementing the UN SDGs will ensure that everyone in the world has a decent job, healthcare, housing, education, clean water, energy, justice, equality, etc. and that there will be no poverty, hunger, wars, wealth inequalities, racism, etc.
The problems and challenges we face are unimaginable and shameful
- Over 1500 very destructive nuclear warheads on hair-trigger
alert that would kill billions of people and destroy civilization if used
- 17 thousand children in the world needlessly dying each day from starvation,
malnutrition and preventable diseases
- 836 million people living in extreme
poverty—less than $1.25 a day. Billions of
people living on less than $4.00 dollars a day
- 800 million are without access to water
- 2.5 billion without sanitation/sewage systems
- 1.2 billion without electricity
- 2.7 billion without clean cooking facilities
- 197 million counted as unemployed however two billion unemployed are
no longer for looking work because there isn’t any and are no longer
counted ,as unemployed
- The United Nations' 17-Sustainable Development Goals are fantastic
and apply to all countries. But the target-dates are not ambitious
enough and they are grossly underfunded
- Climate change is not being addressed at all
- Many large corporations and companies are not paying their employees
enough money to buy the goods they produce and the unemployment rate is
over 22% in the although the federal government is reportng 5%
- We have the largest wealth and-income divide of all times. Even though
the 2000-largest corporations and companies have accumulated over 162 trillion
dollars in net-assets (according to Forbes) and there are over 2,235 billionaires
in the world, the world's economy is on the verge of collapse
- The U.S. is doing some good things around the world; however, the U.S. Federal-Government officials have plans to attack other countries and individuals—with drones—almost any place in the world, leading efforts to cut corporate taxes, but have no real plans to end poverty, homelessness, unemployment and malnutrition, stop campaign finance abuses, conserve resources, slow and mitigate the effects of global warming, repair-and-modernize infrastructure; etc.
The Massive Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan for a Permanently Peaceful, Prosperous, Just, Sustainable World (MGM & USP) provides an overall holistic strategy, common plans, tools, and funding sources that the millions of individuals and thousands of organizations in the world can use to implement the SDGs.
This Movement and Plan focuses primarily on the United States Federal Government and undeveloped countries. Parallel, individual movements and plans that mimic the U.S.'s will focus on cities, states, other nations, and the United Nations and its related organizations.
All elements of the MGM&USP can be accessed via the menu to the left.
The MGM&USP is not intended to slow or stop any
ongoing, meaningful work.
Collectively we know everything that must be done. However, we are not collaborating or working together nearly well enough. Millions are working alone or in stove-pipe organizations, duplicating many efforts, missing important actions and not working from a common set of plans.Implementing the SDGs is so huge and complex, the thousands of organizations and millions of individuals, working on progressive change and reform around the world must collaborate and work together using The Holistic Strategy to Refine and Implement the UN Sustainable Development Goals
We Are at a Crossroad
If we continue with the current failed militarism, monetary and political systems, allow corporation executives to continue controlling our public servants, institutions and elections and do not work together using a common set of plans, we will have:
1. Increasing worldwide unemployment, poverty, malnutrition, hunger, diseases, homelessness, wealth divide and a massive depression
2. Cuts in Social Security, Medicare, welfare programs and public services
3. Endless wars, occupations, militarism and empire building
4. Increasing global warming, rising sea levels and super storms
5. More torture, abuse, extraordinary renditions, false arrests and non-judicial killings
6. Chronic water and energy shortages, environment degradation and natural resource depletion
Please review the parts of the MGM&USP in which you are interested. Subscribe to work on specific Actions or Action-Plans from the Common Agenda with others, and/or have your organization or you become an Equal Partner in the Massive Global Matrix Network and/or read more in the Executive Summary of the PM
Please note that all Actions, Action Plans and Elements of the MGM&USP to Refine and Implement the UN Sustainable Development Goals are uniquely numbered making it easy to recommend changes. The digits before the first decimal point is the document number and the digits after the first decimal point identify what the element is e.g. decimal .4 are all actions to be implemented.
I wish to thank all who have contributed to this Massive Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan to Refine and Implement the UN Sustainable Development Goals and apologize for not finding the time to acknowledge all the contributors.
The MGM&USP is a work in progress and by no means complete. It provides a framework into which additional ideas and elements can easily be inserted. Questions, comments, suggestions, and help —to refine-and-implement the MGM&USP—are welcome and can be forwarded to PeopleNow.org via email RefineThePlan@PeopleNow.org or fax (703) 521-0849.
If we work together, continually refine and implement this Global Movement and Universal-Strategic-Plan, we will have a permanently peaceful, prosperous, just, sustainable world.
Captain US Navy (retired)
Coordinator, Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington, Peace through Justice (GPtJ) Working Group
Coordinator, Veterans for Peace (VFP) Democracy, Constitution, War Powers and Prosecute War Criminals Working Groups
Arlington, VA 22204
For a short bio click on About the Compilers at the top of the page